If you’re bored of eating the same fruits every day and want to try something new, then here you are. I’ve compiled a list of fruits that begin with the letter A that I guarantee will satisfy your craving.
In this list, I covered some English fruits names, few french and Spanish fruits that also start with A.
If you’re in a hurry, bookmark this list because it will save you a lot of time in the future, especially when your kids have stuck in the word games and you don’t want them to disappoint.
So let’s jump into our best fruits that start with A, and remember most of them are healthy and delicious.
I prepare a complete yet brief table for you so it helps you to read quickly.
|1. Alphonso Mango||Creamy sweet||India|
|2. Akebi Fruit||Mild sweet & slightly bitter||China, Japan, Korea|
|3. Amanatsu||Sweet & Tangy||Japan|
|4. Amaou Srawberry||Sweet||Japan|
|5. Ambarella Green||Sour||Malaysia|
|7. Annatto||Spicy, nutty flavor||South America, Europe|
|8. Annona||Sweet tropical||South to Central America|
|9. Apple||Juicy sweet||Throughout the world|
|10. Apricot||Juicy sweet||Central Asia, China|
|11. Arava Melon||Juicy sweet||Middle East|
|12. Asam Kumbang||Sour, sweet & juicy||Malaysia, Indonesia|
|13. Asam Payak||Sour||Malaysia, Indonesia|
|14. Asian Pears||Sweet-tart flavor||Europe & Asia|
|15. Avocado||Pungent||Central America & Mexico|
|16. Ambrosia Melon||Sweet||USA|
|17. Abaca||Not edible||The Bicol Peninsula, Luzon Island|
|18. Abiu||Combination of Caramel & Vanilla||Amazonian, Venezuela, Peru|
|19. African Mango||Sweet & Juicy||Africa|
|20. Acerola||Astringent||Central America, Caribbean|
|21. Acai||Earthy flavour||South America Rain forest region|
21 Name of fruits that start with A
I will tell you my all-time favorite fruit on this list, and I know you and your kid also love them.
1) ALPHONSO MANGO
Color– Orange Yellow
Native to– India
Taste- The edible part of this fruit is juicy flesh that is creamy sweet in taste.
Nutrients– Vitamin A & C, fiber, protein, potassium.
Health Benefits– Control your blood pressure and heart rate.
How to eat- You can eat it raw, but the most preferred option is the jam.
2) AKEBI FRUIT
Color– Pretty purple
Shape– oblong like eggplant
Common name– Urum,choclate vine
Nutrients– Vit c, zinc, potassium, calcium, tannins, amino acid, alkaline, tannic acid, oleanolic acid, beta-amyrin.
Availability– Japan, china, some regions of the Korean peninsula.
Akebi is a mysterious purple fruit that starts with A. It’s not like the other else fruit.
The plant is native to the north of Japan, China, and the Korean Peninsula. It is also known as a plant of the chocolate vine.
It acts as an anti-oxidant due to the presence of Vit C; it protects the body against environmental aggressors. And with the combination of zinc, potassium helps to boost up the immune system.
The dried form of the Akebi stem has the properties of analgesic, diuretic. It also helps as the remedy to cure amenorrhea. As well it helps to improve lactation in mothers.
This A fruit cures the ideal treatment for kidney, stomach inflammation, fungal, a bacterial infection. It has laxative, stomachic, tonic properties for good digestion.
3) AMANATSU FRUIT
Shape– like grapes
Nutrients– Vit C, Potassium
When to eat– Eat like a jam or beverages.
Common name- kawano,natsu,daidas.
Amanatsu Fruit is very beneficial for the treatment of chronic allergic dermatitis in mice. The tree of this fruit is genetically derived from the fruit ‘pomelo.’
It is the only fruit grown only with organic fertilizer without any pesticide or chemical fertilizer. It is very delightfully aromatic and sour.
It can freeze to convert them into juice ice, and the rich taste will be up to the end until it is diluting.
4) AMAOU STRAWBERRY FRUIT
Shape- larger in shape in round
Nutrient– Vit A, E, K
How to eat- It can be taken as a salad for dessert.
Common name– Amaou
The word ‘Amaou’ means A- sweet, M- round, O- big, U- tasty. It took almost six years to cultivate and to become the reddest strawberry in japan.
It acts as an anti-oxidant that can increase the production of collagen in the body. It helps to boost the immune system.
The fruit is also containing fiber, potassium, iron, and zinc. It also has anti-obesity and anti-allergic and skin-lightening effects.
Ellagic acid was also present in this plant except for the root. It also has the inhibition assay of lipase, adipocyte, melanogenesis.
5) AMBARELLA GREEN FRUIT
SHAPE-Oval or pear-shaped
NUTRIENT-Vit c, Calcium, Iron
COMMON NAME– Jewish plum
HOW TO EAT- It can be eaten as a whole with sugar and chili sprinkle.
Ambarella is also a famous Malayasian fruit that also starts with the letter A. It is green on the outside, and when it is cut into halves, it turns yellow.
It also has the goodness of cardiac glycoside of antioxidants. It cures all types of digestive problems. It improves eyesight.
The fruit is also good to treat injuries from burns. Some scientific studies have said that it helps to decrease high blood pressure.
In the form of drinks, it also helps alleviate cough and fever. The leaves are used as a natural aid that treats diarrhea. When it is boiled into the form of tea, it soothes sore throat and coughs.
6) AMLA FRUIT
COLOR– Light green to yellow.
NUTRIENT– Vit C, Iron, Calcium and Phosphorus, Amino acid, protein, polyphenols.
AVAILABILITY– India, and in many parts of the country.
WHEN TO EAT– Best to eat when it is taken as a juice in an empty stomach for weight loss, and it also boosts your health.
- Amla mainly helps keep you on the right track for your digestion system and accelerates your metabolism.
- Antioxidants can boost the immune system, detoxify the body, and reduce aging when consumed regularly.
- The presence of Vit c helps to repair pancreatic tissue and to lose weight, diabetes as well. It maintains clear skin, healthy hair, and good eyesight.
- The people with the problem of gastroesophageal reflux diseases, the problem of heart and regurgitation is also reduced.
- This fruit has anti-diarrheal properties, so it heals muscle spasms. It enhances liver health by preventing fructose.
- Due to the presence of polyphenols, its fight against cancer disease and the harmful effects of free radicals.
- It reduces cholesterol levels and respiratory ailments like asthma. Due to the presence of protein and amino acid, it helps hair growth, tackling hair fall.
7) ANNATTO FRUIT
COLOR– Yellow Red-Orange
NUTRIENT– Vit A, carotenoid, beta carotenoid, bixin, norbixin, calcium, sodium, iron, Vit E.
HOW TO EAT– It can be eaten as sausage, snacks, cheese, oil, butter, margarine.
Annatto is a famous South American fruit that starts with A.
However, it grows in a tree called “Bixa Orellana” and had a pigment named “bixin. ” The norbixin form of the pigment is called the water-soluble colorant.
- The chemical composition is such as carotenoid(bixin, norbixin), 70%-80% is the presence of bixin, and the rest is norbixin.
- Annatto is not the same as paprika because annatto is extracted by heating seed oil or water with a single touch. In contrast, paprika is made up of chile pepper.
- Annatto is highly rich in antioxidant properties due to the presence of carotenoids and flavonoids. It helps protect skin cells and mineral-like calcium, sodium iron.
- It helps in digestion, diabetes, keeps the bone healthy, and also acts as anti-aging property.
- Some of the cheese made up from annatto is like cheddar, Colby, Leyden, Livarot, and so on.
- It reduces the harmful effect by releasing the free radicals from the body, such as cancer, brain hemorrhage.
- Carotenoids also help in good eye vision. Annatto also helps in heart health and reduces inflammation.
8) ANNONA FRUIT
SHAPE– Cone-shaped fruit
TASTE– Sweet and tropical flavor
NUTRIENTS- potassium, magnesium, fiber, Vit C, lutein, thiamin, niacin.
AVAILABILITY– Originated in the Andes mountain of South America, Cuba, Jamaica, Central America, Calabria.
HOW TO EAT– The soft pulp can be eaten as a whole except for the leathery texture.
Annona is primarily known as ‘custard Apple’s or ‘sugar apple.’ The meaning of the word Annona is “A large genus of trees and shrubs.”
- The famous A fruit is rich in antioxidant property that helps to eliminate the free radicals that prevent chronic diseases. It also limits high blood pressure due to the presence of potassium and magnesium.
- The presence of Vit B6, including dopamine and serotonin, helps to boost up mood.
- Flavonoids containing catechin, epicatechin reduce the risk of cancer. It also controls the level of (GABA).
- It protects against osteoporosis; it has high contains vitamins, minerals, and calcium.
- This A fruit also protects you against the damage of fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation. Due to the presence of zinc, magnesium promotes hair growth.
- It supports healthy digestion due to the presence of high fiber. Lutein helps to protect eye health.
9) APPLE FRUIT
COLOR– red, bright green.
TASTE– Sweet and juicy
AVAILABILITY– Throughout the world.
COMMON NAME- Seb
NUTRIENT– Fibre, calcium, Vit C, Vit k, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus.
HOW TO EAT– It can be eaten as whole ripen fruit or by adding salt. And also as a beverage.
Apple is the only powerful A letter fruit known as a nutritional powerhouse.
- Certain compounds of polyphenolic play a significant role in human health. Red delicious apples give nutrition to the skin of people.
- The presence of quercetin(Flavonoids) acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Pectin helps to prevent constipation.
- Apple contains short-chain fatty acids, which help to prevent chronic diseases. It aids in the treatment of asthma and Alzheimer’s disease.
- It also aids in the treatment of pulmonary GI tract infections.
10) APRICOT FRUIT
COLOR– Orangish-light yellowish color
TASTE– Sweeter juicy
SHAPE– Peach like shape
NUTRIENTS– Sodium, potassium, Vit C, Vit A, Fiber.
AVAILABILITY– Central Asia, china
COMMON NAME– Khubani
HOW TO EAT– Can be eaten as freshly ripen fruit.
- Apricots are also preserved by canning, drying, or whipping into a form of puree that can be used as a smoothy.
- The presence of Vit A helps to overcome the problem for the retina. Fiber supports to improve the blood sugar level.
- Apricot fruit is necessary for asthma, constipation, infertility, vaginal infection, eye swelling, spasm, cough, and bleeding.
- It helps to boost our immune system due to Vit C. A person can eat 3 or 4 whole apricots in a day that measure around 30gms.
11) ARAVA MELON FRUIT
SHAPE– Uniform shape and size
NUTRITION– Vit A, C, sodium, potassium, calcium, fiber.
AVAILABILITY– Middle East, Mediterranean, Israel.
HOW TO EAT- It can be taken as fruit juice or as a whole.
- This melon is also come to known as Galia melons. Arava melon is only distinguishing due to their appearance, like as textured thin netted.
- It promotes healthy brain function, Vitamin C helps the immune system, and potassium is healthy for heart function.
- It also performs as an anti-inflammatory due to phytonutrients.
- Consumption of this fruit has some side effects like diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, weight loss, back pain, headache, Dizziness.
12) ASAM KUMBANG FRUIT
SHAPE– small mango size
NUTRITION– Vit A, Vit C
AVAILABILITY– Malaysia, Borneo, Sumatra, Indonesia.
COMMON NAME– Heipuisan(black-skinned mango)
HOW TO EAT – Eaten as pickle or tamarind.
This Asam Kumbang fruit is commonly pickled, and it is eaten as a side dish with rice and can be stored in the refrigerator, where they can last up to a week.
It has a wonderful combination of sour and sweet juiciness.
13) ASAM PAYAK FRUIT
Color– Cream yellow colored
Shape– cluster shape
It is covered with dragon-like scales and flakes off easily. It has two lobes, sweet and juicy.
14) ASIAN PEARS FRUIT
COLOR– Yellowish tan
NUTRITION– Vit C, K, Fiber, potassium, copper, folate, magnesium
AVAILABILITY– Europe and Asia.
TASTE– Aromatic and sweet-tart flavor.
- Asian pears don’t change their color after being harvested. That’s why Asian pear fruits are the most popular fruits, also starting with A.
- It is always considered a cooling fruit and used for detoxification and used to reduce the symptoms related to cough, laryngitis, ulcer, and constipation.
- It helps to control the type 2 diabetes patient as it is a good source of folate, so it helps to reproduce DNA and build new cells.
- Another substitute for Asian pears is sweet apple-like fuji or bosc pear.
- Some of the side effects of Asian pears are digestion problems, colic, diarrhea, nausea, liver disorder, spasm, tumor, fever.
15) AVOCADO FRUIT
Good effects– prevent dry skin, improve skin damage, improve skin elasticity, and improve overall skin health.
Harmful effects– This A fruits consumed a large amount of saturated fat and trans fat that raises your bad cholesterol level. High LDL and low HDL are associated with a high risk of heart diseases with or without diabetes.
Avocados contain polyols or sorbitol (Carbohydrate) that may help people who have a sensitive stomach that results in bloating, diarrhea, or severe pain in the gut.
16) AMBROSIA MELON FRUIT
Ambrosia is a pretty exotic kind of hybrid cantaloupe fruit that starts with the letter A.
They need a constant supply of water and also special needs at the time of summer. Another important thing is while cultivating them; you need to grow at the same place as the previous one.
It has a sweet melon scent with a hint of summer flowers.
COLOR– Sand color
NUTRIENT– Beta carotene, Folic acid
AVAILABILITY- United States
COMMON NAME– Cucumu Melo
WHEN TO EAT – It can be eaten as dessert, juices, smoothies.
17) ABACA FRUIT
TASTE– not edible
NUTRITION– abaca fiber
AVAILABILITY– Bicol peninsula, the southeastern end of Luzon island.
- It has outstanding fiber strength and a good level of flexibility.
- This abaca fiber is used for making shipping ropes, fishing lines, fishing nets, well drilling cables, cordage for naval and marine vessels.
- Tea coffee bags, currency notes, disposable paper are made up of pulped and processed abaca fiber.
- In the Philippines, the special benefit for health is gained by abaca fiber used as a base for traditional Philippines clothing.
18) ABIU FRUIT
COLOR– Caramel color, green, bright yellow.
SHAPE– Oval, pointed with the distal end.
NUTRITION– Lysin, Vit C(Ascorbic acid), Carbohydrate.
AVAILABILITY– The Amazonian region of America, the Andes from southwestern Venezuela of Peru.
HOW TO EAT– It can be eaten as gummy, fully ripe fruit and in simple desserts such as pannacotta and cheesecake.
TASTE– It has a unique taste. The creamy white flesh is delicate, lightly sweet, with a strong hint of caramel and vanilla.
Common Name- Pouteria Caimito
- Abiu fruit appearance is the same as the popular C fruit that is Canistel. The overall health benefits of abiu are antimicrobial activity, eye health, strengthening immunity, and digestive health.
- Due to higher vitamin A, it improves vision, rich in vitamin B3 repairs skin health.
- It also treats respiratory disease in the best way. It also has a deworming agent, laxative, anti-inflammatory, anti-anemic.
- This fruit is used as a vermifuge, cleanser and is also applicable for abscesses.
- It also contains some essential minerals like riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, iron calcium. This “A” fruit is also a source of fiber and energy.
19) AFRICAN MANGO FRUIT
Another name of African mango is “Irvingia gabonensis,” which comes from a Latin word. Other names are such as wild mango, dika nut, bush mango.
Nutrition– High content of Vit C, calories, protein, fat, carbs. It’s also high in minerals like iron, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and sodium, myristic acid, lauric acid, and phenolic compounds; it helps fight diseases(antioxidant).
Benefits– It helps in weight loss due to the presence of vitamins and minerals. Helps to reduce cholesterol level.
Side effects- The only side effects of consuming this African mango are headaches, gas, sleep difficulty, and constipation.
20) ACEROLA FRUIT
COLOR– Deep red
SHAPE– Like as cherry
NUTRITION– Rich source of Vit C.
AVAILABILITY– Central America, northern South America, Mexico, Caribbean.
HOW TO EAT- It can be eaten as a whole, like as cheery fruit or in the form of salad.
Uses– Antidepressant, anti-fungal, athletic endurance, diarrhea, dysentery, skin astringent(cream).
Supplement – Capsule, chewable tablet, liquid extract, powder.
- It is helpful to boost immunity due to Vit C’s presence and helpful for treating skin blemishes, skin elasticity, aiding digestive problems, and antimicrobial mouth wash.
- It is also practiced for the common cold, Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis), diarrhea, kidney stones(nephrolithiasis), latex allergy, and other limited scientific research.
21) ACAI FRUIT
COLOR– Dark purple and yellow flesh.
SHAPE– Round fruit
NUTRITION– Vit C, iron, calcium, fibre.
AVAILABILITY– Rainforest area native of South America.
Who is looking for superfoods that begin with the letter A?
Then Acai is the fruit for you.
It is good as a superfood with all the health content with arthritis, weight loss, high cholesterol, erectile dysfunction, skin appearance, detoxification, and general health care.
Due to the bearing of antioxidant properties, it is beneficial for the brain, heart. They also can deliver healthy fats and fiber that make healthy food.
Wrap up on fruit that starts with A
Finding a list of fruits in the same place is not easy, but I try my best to make a healthy fruit list that starts with an A letter.
The fruits mentioned above are easily found in the local market.
Some fruits require you to visit their specific area to sample their flavor.
Fruits are always the best option in our daily lives to stay strong, but never overeat anything that can harm your body.
If you have any suggestions for fruits that begin with A that I haven’t mentioned, please leave them in the comments section.
That is a name I will definitely add to this list.
Q1. What Fruits start with an A in English?
All of the names listed above are in English. Few examples are provided below for your convenience-
Q2. What Fruits start with an A in Spanish?
Best Spanish fruits that also start with A are listed below-
Cranberry = Arándano agrio
Blueberry = Arándano
Olive = Aceituna
Q3. What Fruits start with an A in French?
Best French fruits starting with A letter are below-
Apricot = Abricot
Pineapple = Ananas
Amaou Strawberry = Amaou fraise