If you are dying to look at foods that start with O and can’t gather all together. Then you come in right place.
I already prepare for you according to their names, where are they famous!
Let’s have a look and these all are famous foods that begin with the letter O, From Okra to Olive, Oregano and some unknown ones.
Perhaps, your interest in food name series, check our A TO Z foods list
Foods that start with o list.
Check Our Previous Post 120+ Healthy Foods That Start With M- Snacks, Breakfast
What are The Healthy Food That Starts With O Names
Here are the top 10 healthy foods that beginning with O lists.
1. OLIVE/OLIVE OIL
We all know that olive or olive oil has great nutritional value. But do you know some amazing facts about olive/olive oil-
- An olive tree can live up to 2000 years, just think one tree can serve your 20 generations.
- There are so many countries that produce olive oil but among them, Spain provides excellence and royalty of olive oil.
- The only country Greece is the highest taking consumers of olive oil.
- Olive oil, not exactly an oil, it is the juice of an olive. Each olive tree gives up to 4 liters of oil/year.
- And last, not least The healthiest thing about olive is its antioxidants and good fatty acids with a decent amount of Vit- E & K. Olive oil can heal chronic diseases like- type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s, also increase immunity.
2ND most healthy food that starts with the Letter O
There are many varieties of oregano but oregano Vulgare is the most popular.
It is also recognized as Spanish thyme. It is one of the alternative supplements.
Oregano is also practiced in many herbal medicines. It is a good remedy for asthma, diarrhea, indigestion, and skin.
Oats carry many health benefits like-
- Oats/oatmeal fully loaded with good fibers, iron, protein, vitamin B6, folate, and thiamine.
- Only a half cup of oats can help you to stay full until lunch and promote productivity all day.
- Oats are a good choice for a healthy breakfast.
- Prebiotics presents in the oats feed & assist in the proliferation of good bacteria in our system.
- If want to lose weight, in a healthy way, then oats would be the first choice.
- And the best part is Oats can eat both children and adults also making oats is extremely easy, delicious and it can make in different ways.
- Okra is also known as a lady’s finger. It comes in two colors red and green both have the same health benefits.
- Okra comes under vegetable but it a fruit and native to Africa and South Asia. If you looking for What fruit or veg starts with O; then Okra is the right answer.
- Most people don’t like Okra because of its slippery substance. But loaded with lots of nutritional value.
- Okra contains Vitamin K1 and C.
- Vitamin C plays a great role in our immune systems. Know more fruits that Increase Our immunity.
- Vitamin K1 play important role in our blood as a clotting factor.
- Okra has low calorie and carbs if want maintains your weight then add okra to your diet.
- Polyphenols are present in okra; which is an antioxidant that helps from harmful free radicals.
- Polyphenols improve heart-healthy, a healthy brain, maintain the glucose level in the blood.
- Besides that, Okra is easy to make. In America Okra used in Gumbo and In South Asia it can eat as fried, boiled, or make in different ways as a vegetable side dish.
- Okra is beneficial for pregnant women for its folate/vitamin B9.
Nothing to say about Orange. We all know the goodness of orange. Let’s share FIVE fun facts about orange that you don’t know about.
- In 1493 the first citrus was carried to North America by Christopher Columbus.
- More than 600 kinds of oranges are available.
- Florida is America’s leading orange generator, but Brazil is the world’s largest orange producer.
- There are more than 35 million orange trees in Spain.
- The US takes averages about 2.7 gallons of orange juice a year, which makes it the most often drunk juice.
6. OATS MILK
Seven benefits of Oat Milk.
- Oat milk is Dairy-Free with low fat and the best alternative option for those who have lactose intolerance.
- That’s why a student in Sweden of Lund university created milk from oats. So Swedish company Oatly is world-famous for its oat milk.
- Oat Milk high in soluble fiber.
- Has a decent quantity of vitamins B like folate, thiamine.
- Helps to replace saturated fats with unsaturated fats.
- Oat milk mainly contains zero amount of cholesterol and helps to improve blood sugar regulations.
- Oat milk contains potassium, zinc, and magnesium they are best for a healthy bone.
The oyster is an amazing creature at sea. The amazing O food has an impressive amount of zinc.
Do you know the goodness of zinc! Let me tell you.
- Zinc act as an immune booster.
- Zinc can active the T cells that a natural killer cell that directly protects our body from any foreign particles and infections.
- Zinc can help to reduce age-related issues like macular degeneration and pneumonia.
- Another good factor of Zinc is it can help to produce sex hormones, so, those are suffering from any sexual dysfunction then add Oyster to your diet.
- Beside containing Zinc Oyster has choline, selenium, copper, B12, and protein. All elements play the most important role in our body.
Our top 8 healthy foods that begin with O is Onions.
- As it is under healthy O foods, onion has impressive health benefits.
- It is also a vegetable used in multiple ways.
- Onion can protect against cancer.
- It may improve bone strength.
- It may promote Gut health.
- Onion may help in lowering bad cholesterol.
- This O food can enhance your skin glow. Do know this before?
- Also, onion contains a high amount of sulfur that can help to increases hair length and growth.
- Somehow onion helps in insomnia and maintains Glucose level.
- Onion is a home remedy for hypertension.
9. OOLONG TEA
- Oolong Tea is mainly native in China. It is a traditional Chinese Drink that has lots of goodness and also starting with the letter O.
- Oolong tea has a sweet and aroma flavor.
- Oolong tea may boost metabolism beneficial for bone, brain, and heart.
- Oolong tea can help you in your weight loss and helps to a tranquil sleep. Try Seven blossom tea for a good night’s sleep and anxiety.
Our Last healthy food that begins with O
All edible oils are not good for our health but besides them, some good oil is a miracle for a healthy system.
And all these are monounsaturated fats also known as omega9 fatty acids and oleic acid. Like- Sesame oil
Sesame oil commonly uses in Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Middle East, and Southeast Asian Cuisine.
- Compared to other vegetable oil both at storage and during frying, sesame oil has higher oxidative stability and defends DNA toward radiation damage.
- Also restrains cancer cell replication & Protects the Health of children.
There are so many edible healthy oils are available; like Soybean Oil, Olive Oil, Sunflower Oil, Mustard Oil, Almond oil and hazelnut oil, and so on. Each oil has its own goodness and healthy value.
See more alphabeticaly Healthy food list:– 130+ HEALTHY FOOD LIST THAT START WITH A
BREAKFAST FOODS THAT START WITH “O”
These are all popular breakfast recipes that starting with O.
Popular and healthy breakfast oatmeal across the world
2. OMELETTE/ OMELETE
Omelet A dish of prepared, cooked, typically adding beaten egg during cooking in a frying pan and traditionally served fold over.
A popular dutch breakfast is Ontbijkoek. It is a spiced cake with light brown color.
The aroma of cinnamon, clove, ginger, nutmeg, and succade is made the cake more aromatic.
4. ORANGE JUICE
The most popular and healthy breakfast is orange juice.
5. OXTONGUE PASTRY
Oxtongue pastry is also known as Chinese doughnut native to China. It is fried elliptical shape lightly sweetened serve with soy milk.
6. OYSTERS ROCKEFELLER
Oysters Rockefeller is native to New Orleans, US.
The dish is bright green; include oyster flesh, butter, some green herbs, bread crumbs, and parsley seasoning with lemon.
7. OATS UPMA
Oats Upma is a typical south Indian authentic breakfast also very easy to make as well as delicious.
It consists of green veggies and oats. You can make it within 30 mins.
8. ONION PARATHA
Onion paratha is a type of bread that is made with very finely chopped onion, chili, some spices. This is a very popular North Indian breakfast food that starts with O.
Obbattu is native to South India and it is sweet flatbread filled with moong dal, coconut, and jaggery.
Oondees is native to Mangalore, India. It is a typical breakfast dish spherical in shape makes from rice and semolina add sweetened coconut.
Have you ever try these breakfast dishes?
SEE More:- 87+ BREAKFAST FOODS THAT START WITH THE LETTER E and LETTER C
WHAT FOOD DISHES BEGIN WITH THE LETTER O?
Here some Mediterranean, Continental, African, Indian, Some Oriental, and Caribbean foods are includes and the whole lists are define various foods that start with O.
foods dishes that start with o names
Native to Korea. Oiseon makes from the steamed cucumber with mushrooms and portions of beef.
2. OJINGEO BULGOGI
Ojingeo bulgogi is a meat-based dish that popular throughout Korea. It is Korean barbecue’s main ingredient is Squid.
Japanese omelet stuffed with fried rice.
Okroshka originated in Russia, it is a cold vegetable soup that includes meat, sausage, ham, Kvass, egg, potatoes.
Another famous Korean food that starting O and it is a stew-based dish makes from duck meat and vegetables.
Ookali is a beverage that native to west India. It makes from boiled coriander seeds.
Korean five-grain rice and a mixture of black beans, millet, rice, red beans, and sorghum.
10. OIL DOWN
Oil Down is one poted meal in Grenada. It is mixed with coco milk, vegetables, tubers, meats, and fish.
Native to Korea. Oisobakki is a spicy side dish. It is mainly kimchi makes from cucumber.
Onigiri’s other name is Omusubi. It is typical Japanese food that begins with O. Onigiri nothing but a rice ball wrapped with seaweed.
Ogi is a fermented pudding makes from cereals and popular in Nigeria. The pudding has a sour taste.
14. OU TENGA MASS
Ou Tenga maas is fish curry with elephant apple and native to India.
Oden is a one-pot dish and native to Japan but The name oden is common in Korea. Oden consists of lots of ingredients like egg, fish cakes, Daikon, Tofu, Miso, and so on.
The soup originated in Japan and makes from chicken/seafood and dashi.
Ollie is a french soup prepare with meat and vegetables, bacon, sausage.
Ogbono is a kind of soup that native to Nigeria. It makes with ground ogbono seeds.
19. OKSUSU CHA
Native to Korea. It is a typical Korean drink makes from corn.
20. OLIVET CENDRE
It is a French cheese makes from cow’s milk and mostly found in Olivet.
21. OHAW / RUR
Ohaw is a soup that native to japan. It makes from animal bones, fish, and kelp.
Osmanthus is a traditional Chinese cake makes from glutinous rice, organic honey, osmanthus, and rock sugar.
23. OEUFS EN MEURETTE
It is the most famous Burgundian poached egg and Burgundian sauce dish.
24. OXTAIL SOUP
Traditional Chinese soup from beef tails, veggies, and Chinese herbs and spices.
25. ORGU PEYNIRI
Braided cheese is native to Mediterranean countries.
26. OKINAWA SOBA
Okinawa soba is another soup that begins with the letter O and also Native to Japan. This includes noodles, broth of konbu/kelp, Bonito flakes, and pork.
Oshiruko originated in Japan. It is a sweet red bean soup served with mochi and rice cake.
Oyakodon is a Japanese chicken and egg rice.
Okonomiyaki is a unique Japanese pancake that includes meats, mayonnaise, vegetables.
Octopus is now used in many cuisines for its delicious meat. It can make in a versatile way like grilled, deep-fried, broth, stew, and so on.
Octopus is the most common part of Japanese, Korean and Chinese cuisine.
Okoy is a Filipino dish. It is a crispy deep-fried glutinous rice batter with other ingredients.
Ouzo is another drink that begins with O and popular in Greece.
33. OXTAIL WITH BROAD BEANS
It popular Jamaican soup makes from ginger, garlic, fava beans, octai, peppers.
Orzo pearl shape barely pasta.
Oenomel is an ancient greek drink that starts with the letter O and it is honey mixed wine.
Obusuma is cornmeal porridge. It is a traditional Kenyan dish; serve with stews or any meals.
37. OLIVE ALL’ ASCOLANA
It is under snacks that start with O and belonging to Marche.
Diluted orange juice beverage.
39. OPERA CAKE
If you are looking for some snacks that stating with O then here it is. Opera cake is the most delicious French cake mixed up with chocolate and creamy coffee.
Common in Poland, is smoked salted sheep milk cheese.
Smoked sheep milk cheese famous in Slovakia.
MEXICAN FOODS THAT START WITH O
1. OBLEA – Oblea is a fabulous Mexican dessert.
2. OREOS – It is a sandwich, consists of bilayer chocolate wafers.
ITALIAN FOOD NAMES THAT BEGIN WITH O
1. Orecchiette- Italian pasta
2. Orata arrosto – Italian fish dish
3. Oca- Italian meat dish especially Goose meat.
4. Osso Buco- Cross-cut veal shanks braised and veggies.
5. Ovada- Italian Wine
6. Olive all’ascolana- Italian snacks that deep-fried olive and stuffed with meat, parmesan cheese.
7. Ostriche arrosto– Oysters are boiled with oregano, parsley, olive oil, and lemon juice.
8. Olio extravergine di oliva- extra vargin olive oil
FRUITS THAT START WITH O
If someone asking you; are there any fruits other than orange that start with O?
Then; Yeah There are lots of fruits are available in Letter O. These are all fruits that are starting with the letter O.
1. Ortanique– Citrus hybrid fruit that native to Jamaica.
2. Oroblanco– Sweet seedless citrus fruit.
3. Ogegon Grapes- Belongs to berry family but tastes like grapes.
4. Oval Kumquat- Tart orange native to EASTERN Asia.
5. Orangelo– It is hybrid fruit of orange and grapefruit.
6. Orange– Citrus fruits.
7. Olives– Olives are the ultimate source of olive oil and belong o the Oleaceae family.
8. Ollallie berry- It is mixed with tangy and sweet and savors like blackberry.
9. Oxheart– Heart-shaped sweet cherry.
10. Ogeechee Lime- Ogeechee Lime is native to North America.
11. Oil Palm– Oil Palm is native to Africa and is another species of Palm.
What are vegetables that start with O?
1. Okra– Lady’s finger
2. Onion- Vegetable and food you eat raw that starts with O.
3. Ogonori- Seaweed is mostly seen in Japanese salad.
4. Orache- Leafy vegetables belong to Amaranth Family. Also named as mountain spinach.
Snacks that Start with O
Here are some snacks items that begin with O
1. Opera Cake- French snacks
2. Oxtail- It is a soup based snack
3. Outback Steakhouse- They make different snack items like onion rings, juicy steaks, and plates of seafood.
4. Otis Spunkmeyar- Cocookeies
5. Otter pops- Fruit juice.
6. Oh Henry!- Famous candy bar makes from caramel, peanut, and coated with chocolate.
7. Oatmeal Cookie- It is another snack that prepares from oats.
Q1. What are some meats that start with O?
Q2. Foods that Start with OR
- Ostriche arrosto-
- Orata arrosto
- Orgu Peyniri
- Orange juice
All the above food lists start with OR.
Q3. Foods that Start with OP
- Opera Cake
Q4. Foods that start with o and end with a
- Olio extravergine di oliva
- Olive all’ascolana
- Okinawa Soba
- Oksusu Cha
- Onion Paratha
- Oats Upma
- Oolong Tea
These are the foods that start with O and end with A.
Last not least, I countered maximum O foods names and solve some FAQs as well.
Here I have done today. Let me know how is the experience of these foods that start with O, give me a comment.
If you missed out on our previous list here the foods that start with N
What next? Foods that Start with P
WRITTEN BY- RIYA PAUL