I challenge you may know hardly ten U foods names. What about 50+ unique foods that start with U!
Shocking. You may think, are there so many foods name with U present?
So guys, scroll down the whole post, you’ll see the all the below mention foods have the letter U as their first letter.
This post only contains worldwide popular foods that start with U.
Grab the all-new unique foods that begin with the letter U and surprise others. Comment me below; how many of these names do you know?
See At A Glance
UNIQUE + POPULAR FOOD THAT STARTS WITH U
These are all Popular food that starts with U
Our number one food that begins with U is Urnebes. It is a popular meal in Southern Siberia. A salad that serves Fast foods and BBQ foods so can enhance the taste of other foods.
Ukha is a savory fish soup from Russia. Carrots, potatoes, fishes like northern pike, wels, present in the soup and seasoning with parsley.
3. UGANDA MATOKE
Matoke is the staple food in Uganda. The dish makes with Ribs and Green bananas.
Ustipci is a snack food that starts with U. It makes from cheese. Popular snack’s time cheese ball from Siberia.
In the Japanese culture, fruits keep serving as a side dish by making pickles of it. Umeboshi one of them.
Umeboshi is a pickle of Ume fruit. Small size red, sour fruit, commonly known as Japanese plum/apricot.
6. UTHAPPAM/ UTTAPPAM
You probably know Uthappam. Uttappam is a famous south Indian dish. It is a bread that topping with onion, tomato, capsicum, etc.
The batter of Uthappam makes from rice flour and lentils. Commonly serves with Sambar (link s foods) and chutney.
Uthappam looks like pizza, and it is a typical south Indian authentic breakfast meal.
Ukwa is a traditional Igbo soup that makes from African Ukwa fruit, okiri, palm oi, etc.
Urap originated in Indonesia and popular in Yogyakarta and Java. It’s a side dish of boiled veggies with seasoned and flavored grated coconut, salt, shallot, garlic, tamarind juice, etc.
The Japanese sometimes prefer to eat noodles instead of rice. They prefer chilled noodles with hot soy-dashi broth. So diverse noodles are available in their kitchen.
Udon one of them. Thick wheat flour noodles are made from mirin, soy sauce, dashi, or Japanese curry.
Umai traditional dish in Malaysia. It is a raw fish dish that includes vinegar, salt, lime juice, hot chilies, bite-size raw fish, and onion. Umai has usually eaten by the fisherman of Melanau.
Popular fermented bean oil uses to making dishes in Nigeria.
12. UDANG TELUR ASIN
Udang telur asin is mainly a shrimps dish in Indonesia. It is a popular fried meal that eats as a snack or a side dish and makes with shrimp coated in salted egg.
If you’re a fan of Indian cuisine, then Usal should list on your plate.
Usal is the most common Maharashtrian recipe that usually takes with rice or bread. It is a spicy, savory dish makes from Mung Beans. You can feel the Indian Spice every bite.
Ugali is an ancient Indigenous side dish of Africa. It makes from cornmeal.
15. UBE HALAYA
A Purple color jam is the most popular in the Philippines. Ube Halaya is a dessert makes from Purple Yam. The purple color attracts people more.
16. ULAVA CHARU
Ulava charu is an authentic south Indian vegetarian soup. The soup makes from horse gram.
Ugba is an African Igbo spicy oil bean makes from Ugba, Crayfish, egg, palm oil, etc.
18. URFA BIBERI
It is famous Turkish dried chili used to make Chee kofta.
19. UTICA GREENS
Utica is a spicy dish that starts with U. Utica greens refers to a spicy vegetable dish that popular in Utica city. It serves as a side dish of any restaurant in that city.
The main key ingredient is UNAGI. UNAGI means EEL fish. Unadon is a traditional rice bowl dish in Japan, where Eel fish is grilled and laying top of the steamed rice.
Serve with a drizzle of sweetened soy sauce. Another name of Unadon is Unagi donburi.
21. UN KURABIYESI
Un Kurabiyesi is homemade Turkish cookies that make from sunflower oil, flour, vanilla flavor, butter, and baking powder,
Famous soup in southeastern Nigeria. The main ingredient is Uziza leaves with other vegetables.
Uni is Japanese sea Urchins, uses in making sushi and Pasta noodles.
Undhiyu is traditional Gujrati Vegetable curry, usually make Uttarayan Festival in India.
It has peanuts and grated coconut as seasonings. Undhiyu serves with Rice, Srikhand, and Puri.
Usban is the traditional sausage of Tunisia and Libya. The sausage makes typically with organ meat, lamb meat, and rice.
Another famous African dish that begins with U is Umngqusho. It is a Banto dish makes from butter, hot pepper, lemon, onion, etc.
Unagi means freshwater Eel. It is an essential element in Japanese cuisine since the era. The most delicious fish with tender flesh.
For more flavor, they usually eat through the grill or steamed grill. The Eel finds in freshwater and seawater both, but In the saltwater, Eel is known as Anago.
Another Nigerian soup that starts with U is Utazi. It a Nigerian stew makes from crayfish, Ghazni leaves, and stockfish.
Uszka is a thanksgiving food that starts with U and mainly makes on Christmas eve in Polish cuisine to celebrate the festival.
Uszka is a dumpling that makes with mushroom-filled.
Uva is a native Mexican grapefruit.
31. UVA PASA
Another Mexican food name that begins with the letter U is Uva Pasa. Uva Pasa refers to Raisin in Mexico.
32. UNPASTEURIZED CHEESE
Cheese is made from either pasteurized milk or Unpasteurized milk. Both are relatively healthy but unpasteurized cheese makes from raw milk. Unpasteurized cheese is softer than the normal one. It can cause listeria infection.
Examples of Soft cheese are- feta cheese, blue cheese, Queso Blanco, etc.
ITALIAN FOODS THAT START WITH U
Italian food is not available with all the letters. So I researched a lot to make this foods list that beginning with U. We hope you find this helpful list.
- UVETTA– In Italian cuisine, Raisins name Uvetta.
2. UNTO– Unto indicates that oily food
3. UVA SPINA- Italian gooseberry
SNACKS THAT START WITH U
- UIRO– Chewy traditional Japanese rice flour cake.
2. ULUNDHU VADAI- Srilankian favorite fitters make from daal(lentils paste) and mixed with various spices then deep fry for its crunchiness.
3. UNSALTED NUTS- Nuts are best for snack time. Unsalted nuts are nothing but without salt.
4. U-LUV COOKIES- It is crunchy chocolate brownie flavoring cookies, American dessert.
5. UNOS PIZZA- Classic Chicago-style pizza.
6. UNGLAZED DONUT- Want some snacks to have a little bit healthy. Here, you go for Unglazed Donut. Donuts are fried dough.
7. UTAP– Philippinos puff pastry.
8. UKRAINIAN ROLLS- Salty spices rolls, garlic flavor make in Ukraine.
9. UNCLE WALLY’S MUFFIN- Full-loaded delicious blueberries muffin.
10. UNCURED HOT DOGS- The meat of a hot dog conserved in celery juice or powder. Healthy snacks.
11. USTIPCI- European powdered sugar deep-fried dough balls.
12. UGLY PIE-Popular homemade dessert that makes from Ugly fruit.
BREAKFAST FOODS THAT START WITH
1.UNLEAVENED BREAD- Jewish bread made without yeast.
2. UTTAPPAM- South Indian pan-fried bread, usually topping with tomatoes, chili, capsicum. An authentic, healthy breakfast meal.
3. UPMA- Indian breakfast spicy-sweet porridge makes from rice flour and semolina flour.
4. URAD DAL– A healthy food that starts with U. Urad dal or Black lentils, usually eats in India. Udal dal uses to make soup, various recipes.
It has good health benefits, such as containing high proteins, a great amount of dietary fiber, and Vitamin B complex. Indian are love to it as in various food recipes.
5. UNNI APPAM- Unni appam is a healthy Indian food meal that starts with U.
Unni appam makes from ghee, sesame seeds, roasted coconut, jaggery, and rice and fried in oil. Its small round shape snacks have cardamom flavor.
WHAT IS A FRUIT THAT STARTS WITH U?
If you interest in categorize foods & drinks, vegetables, and fruits. Do you probably want to know what a fruit that begins with U is?
Here below eight listed all fruit names are starting with the U.
1.UGLI– Citrus fruit native to Jamaica
2. UMBU FRUIT- Reddish/ light yellow chaparral shrub native to Brazil. Umbu fruit is a mixture of sweet and sour.
3. UGNI FRUIT- Ugni fruit belongs to the Myrtaceae family. The sweet juicy fruit is native to Southern Argentina. Ugni is commonly known as Chilean Guava.
4. UKWA- African fruit
5. USUMA FRUIT- Peanut butter fruit. Red to orange appearance and native to
6. ULU- In Hawaii, breadfruit popular as Ulu.
7. URAVA– Mangrove apple tree fruit
8. UBUBESE FRUIT- Red or yellowish color, sweet taste.
8. UME– Ume Japanese apricot belongs to the Rosaceae family, also known as Chinese plum. The tree has such a lovely appearance that use as an aesthetic plant.
9. UVA– Mexican Grapefruits.
Fruits that start with U; are not widely consumed. As a result, their name sounds almost unbelievable. Those fruits, however, do exist.
Uva fruit, Ugli fruit, Ugni fruit, Umbu fruit, ‘ulu, Ume, Ububese, Usuma, and Uvara, start with the letter U.
WHAT ARE SOME VEGETABLES THAT BEGIN WITH U?
I can assist you in your search for vegetables that begin with the letter U. Here is a list of all the vegetables that start with the letter “U” that I find. ugni, ulluco, urad bean, Upland cress, etc.
1.URAD BEAN- Urad bean or black gram widely grow in India subcontinental. It is broadly popular as Urad dal to make various recipes such as soup, dosa batter even Urad bean sprouts.
Our next veggie that begins with U is Ulluco.
2. ULLUCO– Ulluco widely grows in American countries as crops. It has the flavor of fresh spinach. However, most people prefer to eat only the tuber part of it. The leaves of Ulluco eat as a salad.
3. UPLAND CRESS- Upland cress is a leafy vegetable, mainly grows in England to make salad, stew, and sandwiches.
4. UBE– A vivid purple color yam. Most of the people confused Ube and Okinawa sweet potatoes. These are edible tubers have a sweet aftertaste and smell like sweet potatoes.
Ube mostly uses as a dessert recipe. Know as Ube Halaya. In Indian, Ube eats as an appetizer.
5. ULSTER EMBLEM POTATO- The potatoes imported from Ireland make preparing a suitable potato dish.
6. UMATILLA RUSSET POTATOES- The potatoes are specially imported from the United States to make frozen french fries.
7. UDUPI MATTU GULLA- It is eggplant species that uniquely use in south Indian cuisine.
I found only these seven veggies that begin with U. If you know more, let me know.
That all for today.
I have tried all of my effort to make this list of popular foods that start with u.
I hope you enjoy it and it may help you. Give a ping into the comment box and let me know your thought regarding all those foods that begin with U.
Our next Article, foods that start with V
Q1. WHICH IS THE BEST FOOD TO START WITH U?
As I mentioned, many dishes begin with the letter U, but some of my favorites are Uttappam and Udon.
According to you, What is your best food that starts with the letter U! Comments me below.
Q2. WHAT FOODS IN INDIA START WITH THE LETTER U?
These seven foods in India start with the letter U-Uthappam, Upma, Urad Dal, Usal, Ulava Charu, Undhiyu, Unni Appam.
Q3. WHAT ARE SOME FOODS FOR KIDS THAT BEGIN WITH U?
There are few foods present on the list for kids. Kids healthily enjoy the meal.
Uttappam, URAD BEAN, Ube Halaya, UIRO, Ukha ,etc.
Q4. WHAT ARE SOME DRINKS THAT BEGINNING WITH THE LETTER U?
1. UMECHA- Umecha is a drink that starts with U. It is popular Japanese tea with Umeboshi.
2. UMESHU- It is an alcoholic beverage that makes from ume plums. It is popular in Japan, has a sweet and tangy taste.
3. U-BOOT- A beer cocktail with Vodka.
4. UP TO DATE- Sherry cocktail
Q5. WHAT JUNK FOOD STARTS WITH U?
1. U-FRITES- Prefried french fried chips. French food that starts with U.
2. U-NO BAR- This a candy bar filled with almond and truffle, covered with a thin layer of chocolate, then wraps the whole thing in a silver package.
3. UTZ POTATO CHIPS- It mainly wide flavor of potato chips most popular in the United States.
Q6. Common foods that start with U
These are some common U foods widely known and consumed all over the world- Umpa, Ube, UTZ Potato chips, Udon, Udad Dal, Ukrainian rolls, Unagi, Uva, Unni Appam, Uttappam, etc.