You probably ask, “What food that starts with R?” When you already enter this post.
There are so many R meals. However, you need to find out a little.
Almost 83 percent of names are unfamiliar to you. So, if you’re curious, keep in touch with me.
I’ve worked hard to come up with 50 unique food names for you. Simply read and enjoy the R foods list titles such as RAMEN, RISOTTO, RAITA, and RICE.
Enjoy the foods that start with R names List.
If you miss our previous post on Foods starting with letter Q
WHAT IS THE MOST ICONIC FOOD THAT STARTS WITH R?
Most Popular Foods beginning with R
Ramen originated in Japan. Most in vogue in Korea then spread worldwide. It is a spicy noodle dish combination of meat, seaweed, boiled egg, and Ramen noodles. Garnish with spring onion.
Ratatouille is a rich, colorful French vegetable meal; key ingredients are sliced tomato, eggplant, and zucchini. It serves as a side dish and also considers a thanksgiving food list.
The taste of ratatouille tangy and sweet combination because of tomato and pepper.
Risotto is a well-known and traditional rice dish in Italy. The Rice is simmered in broth with cheese until it reaches a thick and creamy consistency. Garnish with parsley, parmesan cheese, and butter if desired.
4. REUBEN SANDWICH
Reuben sandwich is one of the most relish fast food items in Russian restaurants. The Mouthwatering Swiss cheese, sliced beef, sauerkraut padded in the bi-layer of Rye bread.
Your every penny worth it after a bite of Reuben Sandwich.
Raita is an Indian yogurt-based side dish that begins with the letter R and commonly serves with Biriyani and Tandoori. It makes with yogurt and cucumber slices. The sweet, tangy aftertaste complements the flavor of the meal.
Ravioli is one of the thin, savory Italian Pasta square shapes. It is quick easy to make pasta filling with different ingredients.
Rice is a staple food in many countries.
It comes in several sizes like short, long, and medium. Black Rice is the most expensive and healthiest Rice.
Rice can prepare in a variety of ways in different countries. Among them, biryani, fried Rice, and Mexican Rice are well-known.
Rolls are a popular snack. It’s fried with a variety of stuffing. Rolls are made in a variety of ways.
For example, egg roll, chicken roll, cheese roll, and paneer roll.
9. RED VELVET
I have a crush on Red velvet. A unique dessert that starts with R. Red velvet most popular in the United States and across the world.
Rendang is a famous Indonesian beef item. The beef gently cooks in coconut milk. Then add some traditional Indonesian spices. The slow cook makes the meat so tender and soft.
11. RED PEAS SOUP
Red peas soup very much popular in Caribbean cuisine. The soup consists of dumplings, meat, and vegetables.
12. ROSS IL FORN
Want to try Maltese dishes! Then go for Ross il forn. It is a casserole rice dish.
A fish name start with R is Rohu. It’s edible freshwater fish, primarily seen in South Asian rivers.
Scientific name is Lebeo rohita. Rohu commonly consumes in India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Rohu can prepare many dishes like fried, curry, stew.
14. RED RICE CAKE
If you’re a fan of spicy street food, then; Red rice cake is the best option when you go to Korea.
Red rice cake is known as Tteokbokki in South Korea. Your mouth will drool after you taste it.
The rice cake makes from rice flour and gives them a cylindrical shape. Then stir-fry in Gochujang( Korean chili paste), onion, boiled egg, and scallions.
15. RAJMA CHAWAL
Rajma means red kidney beans, and Chawal is Rice. Rajma Chawal most often eats in India. The dish consists of thick spicy as well kidney beans curry that usually serves with Rice.
16. RED BEAN PASTE
Red bean paste also names Anko. It makes from boiled and mashed red beans. There are so many food items makes from red bean paste, like- red bean cake, red bean pancake, etc. Red bean paste originated in China.
Madagaskar national meal is Romanova. It tends to soup contain beef, tomatoes, onions, garlic that serves with Rice.
18. RUN DOWN
A classic savory Jamaican thick fish stew is Run down. The fish slowly simmer in coconut milk, including some onion, tomatoes, and garlic cloves.
Rizogalo is the most popular rice pudding in Greece. The pudding makes with Rice steamed in milk and adds some seasoning agents like raisins and cinnamon.
20. RED TORTOISE CAKE
Red tortoise cake is not made of actual tortoise. It is one kind of Chinese cake which fills with ground peanuts or mung bean and sugar. The cake shaped of tortoiseshell, and the shell makes from either sticky glutinous rice flour and sweet potato.
Though red tortoise cake originated in China, it is the most popular sweet dish in Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, and other Southeast Asian countries.
This pastry typically serves to symbolize Chinese New Year’s Eve and the birthday of a newborn baby.
WHAT ARE BREAKFAST FOODS THAT START WITH R?
1. RAISIN BRAN CEREAL
In the United States, Raisin bran is the most popular breakfast cereal. The cereal provides bran flakes and raisins.
2. ROASTED MUSHROOM & BACON –
Want some high amount of protein Breakfast! Here you go with Roasted mushroom with some bacon.
Though it is a Dutch breakfast meal but popular worldwide, the breakfast contains only 352 cal and 15 grams of protein. That’s pretty good.
As you know, the goodness of mushrooms, So Roasted bacon mushroom is a complete pack of healthy breakfast that begins with R.
3. RAISIN BREAD-
If you want something sweet on your breakfast table but don’t want to( eat peanut butter,) Raisin bread is a good option.
Easy-to-make bread consists of raisins, and the flavor of cinnamon makes your stomach happy early in the morning.
You can make it as a dessert or a sandwich.
Raspberry in your breakfast table; the idea is pretty healthy and tasty.
You can make several recipes on Raspberries like- Raspberry cake, Raspberry Crêpes, Bars, Raspberry lemon breakfast biscuits, etc.
The amusing thing is that all the related recipes can make the bowl loaded with nutrition in a breakfast meal.
5. RICE KRISPIES CEREAL
Cereals that consist of rice Krispies, margarine, marshmallows, and butter produce by Kellogg company.
It is a traditional breakfast recipe in Uganda. Rolex consists of Ugandan flatbread fills with scrambled eggs and veggies.
7. RICOTTA BLUEBERRY LEMON PANCAKES
It is a healthy breakfast meal that starts with the letter R.
Ricotta pancakes with blueberry contain a good amount of protein. You can make it more delicious by adding some maple syrup or natural honey.
8. RYE BREAD
Rye bread makes from Rye grains so that the color may be dark or light. It has more fiber than white bread, darker, and has a richer flavor.
Rye grain is being imported from countries in north-central, western, and eastern Europe. Rye bread has high fiber content and low-fat content.
Rye bread has a smaller glycemic index compared to various bread like white bread. That’s why it helps to maintain glucose levels.
9. ROTI CANAI
Roti canai is known as name roti prata; roti cane a popular flatbread in Indian and Southeast Asia. Common serves with Dal( lentils soup and curry).
SNACKS THAT START WITH R
These are the popular snacks that begin with the letter R.
Risoles is one of the best savory snacks in Indonesian cuisine. Deep-fried breadcrumbs roll stuffed with meats and veggies.
Traditional Chinese braised pork meat sandwich.
3. RAVA LADDU
Most famous Indian snack that begins with R. Another name of Rava Laddu is Ros omelet. It is an omelet dish with spicy gravy of chicken or chickpeas, season with fresh coriander and a little bit of salt. Usually serves with Goa bread.
A delicious Javanese deep-fried cracker makes from several ingredients and flour batter.
Indonesian amazing thick rice cookies are flavoring with spices.
6. ROTI PANGGANG
Roti bakar or sometimes panggang popular across the indonesia. Best street food sandwich stuffed with jam, chocolate, and cheese.
7. ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
It is more often found in Hongkong, Korea, and Japan. A perfect appetizer for cold weather.
8. ROASTED COCKLES
Popular snacks in Cambodia. Roasted cockles serve with olive oil.
9. ROTI JALA
Roti jala/ Roti renjis is tea time snack in Malay and Minangkabau.
It is a type of pancake that looks like a thread doily.
Réles/strudel is a Hungarian pastry.
11. ROTI JOHN
Infusion of Malaysian and European cuisine omelet sandwich, popular in Malay.
12. RELLENITOS DE PLÁTANO
Rellenitos de Plátano is Guatemala’s appetizer .Deep-fried egg-shaped balls packed with refried black beans, chocolate, and cinnamon, mashed plantains, then topped with powdered sugar or honey.
13. ROMAN SUPPLÍ
It is a Roman popular deep-fried cheesy rice ball with multiple fillings.
Javanese fruit and vegetable salad
15. ROTI GAMBANG
Roti gambang makes to celebrate Ramadhan and Dugderan in Jakarta, Java and Semarang. It is rectangular bread seasoning with cinnamon and palm sugar with sesame seeds.
16. ROTI TISU
Malaysian typical snack which is thinner than Roti Canai and looks like tissue, that’s why its name as Roti Tisu.
17. RURKI Z KREMEM
One of the Most mouthwatering snacks that beginning with R and comes from Serbia. The marinated meat is grilled on skewers.
Fitter snacks in Norway.
SWEET FOODS BEGINNING WITH R
1. RAMUNE CANDY- Japanese tablet candy
2. RABRI– One of most fovortie sweet food is Rabri. It is a milk-based sweet that common and widespread in India, Bangla Desh, Pakistan.
3. RED VELVET CAKE- Traditionally American sweet pastry.
4. Ribbon Candy- North American hard candy. Look like ribbons and a sale to celebrate Christmas.
5. RASABALI- Sweet from India.
6. RICE PUDDING– Most popular sweet dish in America. Rice boiled in water and milk, then garnish with cinnamon, raisins, and vanilla flavor.
7. ROSGULLA- Famous sweet dish in Bengali cuisine. Milk-based dish.
8. REMONCE– Traditional Danish Pastry.
9. Rum cake: Caribbean dessert contain rum.
10. RIGO JANCSI- Traditional Hungarian chocolate cake.
11. RED BLOOD CAKE- Same as red velvet cake.
12. Rhubarb pie: A pie that is filling with Rhubarb, the most popular in the UK.
13. ROSCA DE REYES- Popular name is three king’s cake in Mexico cuisine.
14. RUSKE KAPE- Dessert in Balkan countries.
15. Russian tea cake: Russian tea cake is a popular type of dessert around the holidays ( Christmas) in the United States.
16. ROŽATA- Caramel custard dessrt
17. ROZE KOEK- Popular Dutch pastry
18. RIJSTEYLAAI- Popular Dutch Pie that is filling with Rice pudding.
MEXICAN FOODS THAT START WITH THE LETTER R
What foods do they eat in Mexico that start with r?
2. ROMERITOS– Mexican dish makes from mole sauce, shrimp, jerky, potatoes.
3. RAJAS CON CREMA- Sliced poblano pepper with cream.
ITALIAN FOODS THAT BEGIN WITH R
1. ROSTICCERIE- Roasted chicken, potatoes, etc.
2. RABARBARO- Rhubarb
3. RISTRETTO- Italian concentrate expresso coffe.
4. RUCOLA- Arugula
5. RAGù ALLA BOLOGNESE- Italian meat based pasta.
6. RAGU- Meat sauce
7. RISOTTO ALLA MILANESE- Stir fry rice dish flavor with beef marrow and saffron.
8. ROTINI- Wheel pasta
9. RANE FRITTE- Frogs fried
10. RAVIOLI– Italian dumpling makes from pasta
11. ROSMARINO– Rosemary
12. REGINA IN PORCHETTA- Carp fish in funnel sauce
13. ROSTICCIANA- Roasted pork and garnish with Vinaigrette and spices.
14. RISO- Italian Rice
JAPANESE FOODS THAT START WITH R List
1. RAMEN- Spicy Japanese noodles food beginning with r, Prepare with fish broth, meat, boiled egg, and garnish with nori, scallions.
2. REBASASHI- It is a popular Sashimi dish in Japan. Sashimi refers to raw finely sliced and serves with a dipping sauce like soy sauce, sesame oil, or wasabi.
In the case of Rebasashi, a calf liver thinly slice and serves with soy sauce and sesame oil.
3. REIKOU- Japanese hybrid citrus fruit.
4. RAINDROP CAKE- World-famous cake is raindrop cake. The cake makes from water and agar and resembles a big raindrop. It first comes in Japan, now famous worldwide.
5. RAKKYO- Japanese leek. Usually, use to make pickles for curry and rice dishes.
6. ROE– Egg of marine animals. As seafood, roe commonly uses to cook as ingredients or eat in raw form.
7. RUBY ROMAN- Japanese red color Ruby Roman grapes.
PEOPLE ALSO ASK ABOUT FOODS STARTING WITH THE R LETTER
Q1. WHAT ARE THE TOP 10 MOST POPULAR FOOD DISHES THAT START WITH R?
- Red cooking
- Roast squab
- RICE & GRAVY- Staple food of Cajun and Creole cuisine.
Q2.WHAT MEAT STARTS WITH R?
Q3. WHAT ARE FRUITS THAT START WITH R?
· Rhobs el Arsa
· Rough lemon
Q4. DRINKS THAT START WITH R
· A:-Ryongjin Cocoa – a North Korean own-brand cola made and canned in the country
· Rakwon (“Paradise”)
Q5. FOODS THAT START WITH RO, RA, RU, RY, RI
- Foods that begin with RO- Roman grapes, Roast squab, Roe, ROSTICCIANA, Rosemerry, Rosehip, Roasted Pork, Roasted Turkey, etc.
- Foods Name start with RA- Rajma, Ramen, Rangpur, Rakwon, Ramadan kebab, Rakkyo, Raindrop cake, Rabri, Ragu, Raisins, etc.
- Dishes that start with RU- RUJAK BUAH, Ruby Roman grapes, Rucola, Russian tea cake, Ruske Kape, Rurki Z Kremem, Run Down, etc.
- Foods item beginning with RY- Rye, Ryongsong, Ryongjin Cocoa, Rye bread, etc.
- Foods that start with the letter RI- Rijsteylaai, Rice, Risotto, Rice Cake, Rizogalo, Rice Pudding, Ricotta , Ricotta Pancake, Risoles, Rigo Jancsi, Etc.
Q6. JUNK FOODS THAT START WITH R
A:- 1. RUJAK BUAH- It is a tangy, spicy, fruity salad-based food, originated in Java but usually find in Singapur, Malaysia, and Indonesia. The salad contains fruits and vegetables with spicy palm sugar.
2. ROTI- Roti is a staple food in many countries, but it sells as street food as well in many countries. Handmade Rotis are served with a different kind of Chutney, Curry, and soup.
3. ROASTED SWEET POTATOES- It is more often found in Hongkong, Korea, and Japan. A perfect appetizer for cold weather.
4. ROUJIAMO- Popular street food in Shaanxi cuisine.
Q8. THANKSGIVING FOODS THAT START WITH R
A:- Roasted Turkey- Most popular thanksgiving food in North America. Only whole turkey roasted.
That’s all for today.
Do you want to try one of them? It’s pretty intriguing the next time you eat and know every detail about the dish.
Foods beginning with R are all distinct and taste different from one another. My favorite vegetables are RAMEN, ROTI, and RAJMA.
Please let me know what will be yours. If you know any R food names, please leave a comment. So, I may add them to another one.
What Next – Foods that start with S