Hearing the word headache gives us a headache, whether it is in our daily life at home or outside work, it gives us headaches and tension. Outside pollution, work pressure, relationship maintenance Even if you balance your life, headaches and stress keep coming.
And to be honest, whether it’s a headache or stress, both ruin life if not overcome. I came from the same place. Consequently, no one will understand more than me how badly these can affect life.
Chamomile has a soothing and aromatic scent which helps in extreme headaches. The antioxidants properties of Chamomile tea make it useful for treating headaches and migraines. Chamomile tea eliminates insomnia and helps in tranquil sleep.
I already have the best tea for headaches list. Today, the only focus is on Chamomile Tea for Headaches & migraines – how Chamomile Tea works on headaches, what the best Chamomile teas are, what their advantages are, and so on.
Hopefully, after reading the whole post, you will be able to free yourself from headaches by choosing your best Chamomile tea. Stay with me.
|Common Chamomile for headaches||Roman and German Chamomile|
|Roman Chamomile Biological name||Chamaemelum nobile|
|German Chamomile Bio Name||Matricaria recutita|
|Flower||White petals with yellowish canter|
|Best Time to plant||Spring|
|Growth time||Approximate 10 weeks|
|Size||24 Inches tall|
|German Chamomile is more used in tea and medicine||Roman Chamomile is mostly used in creat gardens and fragrance|
|German Chamomile- Annual plant||Roman Chamomile- Perennial plant|
|Common name- Water of youth, Scented mayweed, Hungarian Chamomile||Common name- Garden chamomile, English chamomile, ground apple, whig plant, and mother’s daisy|
|Use- herbal medicine, sore stomach, gentle sleep aid, skincare, irritable bowel syndrome, relieve stress||Use- Flavoring agents, hair care, food flavor, perfume, aromatherapy, promote sleep|
Brief Introduction of Chamomile Tea
The term Chamomile originates from the Greek word “chamaimēlon”- which implies “earth-apple” due to the apple-like fragrance. Chamomile is a lovely and beneficial herb. The most common Chamomile comes in two varieties: German and Roman.
Both varieties of Chamomile flowers are native to Europe. Chamomile flowers resemble Daisy. It has white small to medium-sized petals and a yellowish center.
Chamomile has been used as medicine and cosmetics for centuries. If you are willing to plant this flowering plant; therefore Spring is the best season to sow seeds or young seedlings. They develop rapidly, blooming in approximately ten weeks.
German Chamomile is most likely uses for medicinal tea rather than Roman one. While Roman Chamomile use as a flavoring agent and aromatherapy for its fragrance.
- German Chamomile- Matricaria recutita –flowers bloom in early to midsummer with a rich, aromatic scent
- Roman Chamomile- Chamaemelum nobile– In June and July, Roman chamomile blooms, emitting a fragrant aroma that is fruity, floral, and herbal.
Chamomile Tea for Headaches & Migraines
One of the most prevalent neurological problems is headache, which affects a large percentage of the population around the world. In the United States, migraine is the sixth most common chief concern, with a global rate of 47 percent.
Consequently, 96 percent of Americans experience headaches at some point in their lives, and females are more likely than males to suffer migraines at a certain point. Source
Chamomile has a soothing and aromatic scent which helps in extreme headaches. Chamomile helps relieve tension and stress. Chamomile has anti-inflammatory traits which can alleviate headache pain.
Distress and stress, which can cause headaches, can be eased by Chamomile Tea.
How Chamomile Tea works on Headaches & Migraines
Headaches and migraines are directly associated with stress, depression, anxiety, and related incidents. Here More than 100 chemical compounds of Chamomile flower have been found. The flower contains flavonoids called Apigenin, Quercetin, Patuletin, and Luteolin.
Apigenin has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects that can deal with migraines, headaches, and muscle pain. On the other hand, antioxidants present in flavonoids are excellent for removing free radicals and detoxifying the body, which may result in a peaceful brain and a calm mind.
The same thing is said in Quercetin, which inhibits neurodegenerative conditions, might help reduce inflammation; these relatively ease stress complaints.
Luteolin was already extensively researched for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Anti-inflammatories are widely used to take away migraines as they inhibit the migraine factor known as inflammation.
Antioxidants prevent oxidative stress, which often is a common migraine trigger, resulting in a significant reduction in the recurrence of migraine attacks or a reduction in the length of an event.
According to a recent study, nerve discomfort increases the incidence of migraines. In rats, luteolin can alleviate nerve pain.
In addition to getting adequate sleep and eating a nutritious diet, stress management and regular relaxation may assist overcome from headaches and migraines. By this is how Chamomile Tea works on Headaches & Migraines.
Read more- Lemon Balm tea is Another alternative tea for reducing stress and anxiety.
What does Chamomile Tea Taste like?
As I mention above, Chamomile means ‘Earth-Apple’ because of its apple-like scent and is naturally caffeine-free.
Chamomile’s mild fragrance can help you relax, and its slightly sweet aromatic taste is pleasing to the tastebuds.
No matter how many headaches you have in your life, drinking a sip of Chamomile tea will relieve you of a lot of trouble. At least, I think so.
The tea is light yellow to look at and comes from the scent of chamomile flowers. You can eat it either cold ice or hot. It will work equally well and relieve your headaches.
5 Best Chamomile Tea for Migraines & Headaches
1. FGO Organic Chamomile Tea Bags
- Premium chamomile flower from Egypt
- Pure high-quality German Chamomile
- USDA ORGANIC & NON-GMO certified
- 4.6 stars out of 5+ Bestseller on amazon
- More than 51000+ happy customers use this product and get benefits from it
- Highly effective in headaches, stress, insomnia, migraines.
FGO is a well-known organic tea brand that continues to serve teas & supplements natural, herbal organic as well for more than decades. The best part is that they have more than 51000 happy customers only on amazon because they have a policy that implies “ if you don’t satisfy their products they refund you.”
This gains huge loyalty. I personally use this brand and see the difference Although I have not needed this policy to date. due to its purity and premium quality tea.
In addition, FGO organic Chamomile tea helps you to cure headaches and migranes.
2. U.S. Wellness Chamomile Flowers Herbal Tea
- 100% organic
- Ohio certified facility & USDA organic certified
- 100% certified organic herbal tea by OEFFA
- Flowers sourced from Egyptian Al-Fayyam planes
- 4.6 stars out 5 + Amazon’s choice
- 11000+ satisfy consumers
- Relieve stress, Relaxes nerves, Mood improving, sleep aid
3. Taylors Organic Chamomile Herbal Tea
- Honey taste chamomile tea
- Ideal bedtime drink
- Grown Chamomile
- 4.7 ratings+ Amazon’s Choice
- 27000+ users
4. Bigelow Chamomile Herbal Tea Bags
- 4.8 starts rating+ Amazon’s choice
- 22500+ satisfy consumers
- Naturally soothing properties of chamomile can relax and calm down your mind
- Premium quality tea and Certified B Corporation
- Kosher Certified
5. VAHDAM ORGANIC Chamomile Herbal Tea
- 100 % pure herbs
- Help to get a good night’s sleep and keeping you fresh and energetic.
- 4.6 stars rating and 5000+ happy customers
- 100% natural ingredients
- Best night time beverage
Benefits of Chamomile Tea
Besides Chamomile tea for Migraines and Headaches, it has enormous health benefits. Including
- Chamomile tea aid sleeplessness/ insomnia
- The tea may help to keep the heart healthy by lowering cholesterol
- Antioxidants present in Chamomile tea can boost immunity and protect from cold and cough.
- Chamomile may heal wounds and treat eczema and skin redness.
- Chamomile tea before bed can improve sleep quality and help to complete the natural sleep cycle.
- Chamomile tea can promote gut health and aid digestive issues.
- Study shows that Chamomile may protect from certain types cancer.
- Chamomile tea can control blood sugar levels.
- Chamomile tea is the best option to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Chamomile can rejuvenate skin health and its uses in cosmetics products.
- Chamomile tea can ease menstrual pain.
Side effects of Chamomile tea for Headaches
Consuming Chamomile tea is mostly safe for everyone except pregnant women, particularly health conditions.
Yet, Chamomile tea has rare side effects, including-
- Excessive intake of Chamomile tea can leads to dizziness, slacken
- In rare scenarios, Chamomile tea increases stomach aches, bloating, and loose stool.
- In cosmetics products, those are hypersensitivity has irritation skin and redness in the skin.
These are the side effects of Chamomile tea, though there are no serious adverse effects of Chamomile tea.
Precaution of Chamomile Tea
Although Chamomile tea is safe yet there are limitations such as –
- A pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should avoid Chamomile.
- People with liver or kidney disease should avoid
- Chamomile contraindication with certain medications. Including blood thinners/ anticoagulants medicines, cyclosporin, immunosuppressor, etc.
- Those who have Pollen allergy should bypass Chamomile.
- Stay away from Chamomile minimum of 2 to 3 weeks before and after any surgery.
- German Chamomile may have estrogen-like effects on the body, According to some research. You should not use it if you have hormone-sensitive conditions such as breast, uterine, ovarian, or uterine fibroids or something that induce estrogen hormone.
Final Thought on Chamomile Tea for Headaches and Migraines
Chamomile uses as medicine from the ancient era with positive results. For the time being, it remains a dietary supplement and not a prescription drug.
Chamomile tea is a healthy tea for migraines and headache relief. Though, above data and scenario, there is no such scientific evidence that Chamomile can cure headaches and migraines permanently.
All the data is based on analysis; of who takes this and gets the beneficial results as I am. So I share all data, benefits, side effects, who can take chamomile tea, who doesn’t.
In addition to its health benefits, effective antioxidants may induce sleep, reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
If you want to learn more about the potential health benefits of chamomile tea, it really is worth adding it to your meal plan.
I listed the best 5 chamomile tea if you are ready to take them. Please, ensure you do not have such illness or limitation. Don’t overdo any herbal tea. You can consume one to four cups of chamomile tea a day.
I hope you know Chamomile Tea for headaches and migraines is reliable or not.