Boosting immunity with foods is very important for a healthy lifestyle. We all know about using masks, hand sanitizer, washing hands, using gloves, social distancing is vital to fight against covid19.
Immunity is the only best weapon that can fight against any harmful viruses.
During this pandemic, no research found that supplements have a good effect on immunity during covid19, and we have only one option of boosting immunity with food, this is the natural process, and we get a positive result.
There are various types of fruits and vegetables present, and those are increasing our bodies’ immune system called immunity boosters.
Immunity boosting foods are easily available in the market or our house. If we maintain food habits and staying healthy, you can overcome infections. And always try to increasing or boosting immunity with foods rather than any supplements.
Now you are thinking about how to increase immunity power in body naturally, right?
Don’t worry. We are sharing the best 11 herbs to boost immune system, and always try to add these foods to your daily routine.
After reading this complete article, you can understand why they are the best and benefit of their chemical constituents.
You may know different names of these foods, that’s why we are suggesting the scientific name.
Let’s start boosting immunity with foods and herbs:
Scientific Name: Curcuma longa.
Turmeric contains lipopolysaccharide. It has antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, and antifungal activity.
Turmeric is an Immunity booster that increases immunity.
Turmeric has one more chemical constituent that is Curcumin. Curcumin is a polyphenol; the reason behind the Turmeric yellow color is Curcumin (Diferuloylmethane).
Turmeric has good anticancer activity because it’s a good antioxidant.
Turmeric has a good option for those who have inflammation like arthritis, autoimmune disease, skin disease, asthma, pain because it also has anti-inflammatory activity.
These are the most potent chemical constituent which has a good effect on our bodies.
100 gm of turmeric contains energy 354 Kcal and also contains manganese, phosphorous, potassium, fiber, and carbohydrates that are good for health.
NOT TO DO WITH TURMERIC:
Turmeric has taken with fried vegetables, most of the time, but its more powerful when we make with a single piece or with one glass of milk.
2. Ginger/Adrak :
Scientific Name: Zingiber officinale.
Mainly contain Phenolic, and Terpene compounds like
Phenolic compounds such as:
- Gingerenone-A, etc.
Terpene compound such as:
- α- farnesene
- β-bisabolene etc.,
Ginger has good antibacterial activity. It is a natural blood thinner, also decreases inflammation. The most potent chemical constituent is Gingerol. These properties also help to lower cholesterol levels.
Nutritional Value: /100gm
- 100 gm of raw ginger contains 80 calories.
- Ginger contains vitamin B6 and also contains a small number of other vitamins.
- It’s also contains minerals, Magnesium( Mg2+ ), and manganese(Mn2+), potassium(K+), zinc (Zn2+)
- 1.2-2% Protein and others supplement like fat, Carbohydrates.
- It’s an excellent anti-inflammatory compound. It helps to relax our arteries and also helps the body to fight against germs. It helps to fight against, such as common cold, decrease nausea and vomiting.
- It’s one of the best herbs to boost immune system.
Scientific Name: Allium sativum.
- diallyl disulfide
- S-allyl cysteine,
- diallyl trisulfide.,
These ingredients play a significant role in the defense of our body from harmful viruses.
- In 100 gm of garlic contain 149 Kcal,
- A small amount of Vitamin D.
- Also contains calcium, iron, potassium.
- Carbohydrates 12%,
- Protein 13%,
- 1% of the fat present in garlic,
- Vit B6, Vit-C, pantothenic acid, thiamin, etc.
- The most potent immune-boosting compound allicin is present in garlic. Allicin helps to decrease blood pressure in our body.
- It also helps to thin the blood, because this decreases cholesterol.
- In garlic present of tremendous amount antioxidant, This helps to destroy free radicals. Free radicals are present in our body, which is responsible for cancer.
- In garlic contains calcium, potassium, sulphuric compounds. We all know the importance of these components.
- You are looking for boosting immunity with foods, then don’t skip the garlic.
When we fried the garlic, the sulphuric compound was appropriately destroyed, which is not suitable for our healthy immune system.
Scientific Name: Spinacia oleracea
- Oxalic acid
- In 100 gm of spinach contained 23 Kcal energy.
- Fat about 0.4 gm
- Protein 2.9 gm and carbohydrates 3.6 gm.
- Vitamin like A, C, E, K, vitmin B complexes B1,B2,B3,B6,B9 etc.
- Minerals like: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
- Spinach contains a perfect amount of vitamin C and contains antioxidants, which help fight against free radicals.
- A powerful antioxidant present that is beta carotene and also presents vitamin A. These are increasing power in our body and fight against the disease.
- Phenylalanine also presents naturally in rich protein foods, and it’s also a good supplement for dietary.
- Isoleucine performs a critical role in immune functions, such as retaining the improvement of immune organs and cells and inciting immune molecules’ secretion.
After finding this best constituent, we can say spinach is a useful herb for those looking for immunity boosting with foods, and it’s a purely natural process without any side effects.
Scientific Name: Brassica oleracea
- Myrosinase: It’s beneficial because when you take broccoli with other foods, it’s improved the power of different foods, which easily fight against viruses especially, against cancer germs.
- In 100 gm of broccoli contains 34 calories.
- Also, have 8gm of protein.
- Contains Vitamin likes A, D, E, K.
- Carbohydrates 7.2gm.
- The meager amount of fat present in broccoli 0.4-0.5gm.
- It is a great green vegetable for our health.
- Broccoli contains vitamins (vitamin A, D, E, K) and minerals and fibers.
- Also present beta carotene. These help to enhance our immune system.
- This vegetable has double effects when we are taking in raw form rather than boiled form.
- Broccoli contains anti-helicobacter compounds.
- If you want to boost immunity with foods, then don’t compromise with broccoli. It would be best if you took 1-2 cup broccoli in a day.
6. Carrots :
Carrots are essential if you want to boosting immunity with food but not an excessive amount.
Scientific Name: Daucus carota subsp. sativus
- 100 gm of carrot contains 41.35 calories.
- Protein 930 mg.
- Contain vitamin C 5.9mg
- Carbohydrates 9.6gm
- Fat 0.24gm
- Vitamins like B6, C, E, K, A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B9.
- Carrots contain some minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, etc. These are the essential elements for immunity if you want to increasing immunity with foods.
The carrot should be taken 20 mg/day or three large carrots.
- Carrots have a fantastic source of vitamin A. It supports our immune system and fights against infection.
- Here present beta Carotene and carotenoids help in various types of cancer, modulate our immune response, and protects us from UV light.
- It also helps in cardiovascular disease treatment.
Not to do:
Do not consume excessive amounts it leads to Carotenemia, a build-up of carotenoids that cause yellowing of the skin.
Pumpkin is one of the best herbs to boost immune system naturally.
Scientific Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Saturated and unsaturated oils.
- Linoleic fatty acids
- Carotenoids etc.
- In 100gm of pumpkin contain around 16 kcal energy.
- Carbohydrates 3.4gm, 1gm of protein and 0.1 gm of fat.
- Pumpkin has so many of vitamins in it, like Vitamin C, E, K, A, B complexes.
- Minerals such as magnesium 17mg. Phosphorous 44mg others, sodium, zinc, potassium 262mg.
- The best suggestion if you want to boosting immunity with foods, then always choose foods that contain unsaturated oil rather than saturated fat for a healthy lifestyle.
- Pumpkin is good for our health because it includes alpha-carotene and beta carotene.
- It also contains fibers, vitamin C, E, K. These increase immunity power in our bodies.
- Here present most important acid pantothenic acid, which helps decrease blood pressure and maintain hypertension.
8. Red bell peppers:
Scientific name: Capsicum annuum
- Capsorubin etc.
- 100 gm of capsicum contains 20 kcal energy.
- Carbohydrates 4.64gm, fat 0.17 gm, protein 0.86gm.
- All most all vitamins present in red bell peppers.
- Calcium, iron, magnesium sodium are present in it.
Capsaicin is the most powerful ingredient which boosts metabolism in our body and producing heat, which helps to burn fat.
- It is an essential fruit for healthy skin.
- Capsanthin is considered a useful material by antioxidative activity and anti-tumor-promotion activity, even supposing it exhibits no provitamin A activity. In epidemiological studies, capsanthin appears to exert a robust restrictive result on colon carcinogenesis probably.
- Red ball peppers also contain antioxidants and vitamin c, which help fight against cancer and boost our immune system.
Suppose you are looking for how to increase immunity power in body naturally than red bell peppers are one of the best herbs to boost immune system.
Scientific Name: Agaricus bisporus
If you want to stay healthy, then mushroom is the best option because it contains selenium and it’s a healthy nutrient. Selenium protects us from free radicals.
It’s vital for DNA production; it also supports thyroid gland function and also crucial for reproduction.
Boosting immunity with foods, then don’t skip selenium-containing meals but maintain their limit.
- 22 kcal energy contain in 100mg of mushrooms.
- Carbohydrates 4.3gm, protein 2.5gm, and 0.1 gm of fat present in 100 gm of mushroom.
- It mainly contained riboflavin that is vitamin B2 and Niacin – vitamin B3, B1, B5, B6, and a small amount of Vitamin-D.
- Mushroom does not contain Vitamin-C.
- It also contains minerals, mainly selenium, calcium, magnesium phosphorous, etc.
- A mushroom contains high in selenium, also has vitamin B like riboflavin and niacin. It also contains polysaccharides. For our healthy immune system, these play an important role.
If you are worried about your immunity and trying to boosting immunity with foods, then mushroom is one of the best options.
10. Sweet potato :
Scientific Name: Ipomoea batatas
- Chlorogenic acid
- Caffeic acid
Because of this ingredient, sweet potato is one of the best immunity power boosting food.
- 90 kcal energy contains in 100 gm of sweet potatoes.
- Carbohydrates around 20.7gm, 0.15gm of fat, and 2 gm of protein present in 100 gm of sweet potatoes.
- Mainly contains vitamin-like C, A, then vitamin B2, B1, B9.
- A high amount of calcium 38mg and sodium 36mg then magnesium 27mg, phosphorus 54mg, and potassium 475mg present. These are very important factors for immunity.
It contains vitamin A, C, and fiber. These help to enhance our immunity power.
Chlorogenic acid reduces blood sugar levels. It helps to metabolize the fat and maintain hormone levels that are responsible for obesity.
We think these are the answer to your queries on how to increase immunity power in the body naturally. Is not it?
Ok before going to our best opinion, we have bonus tips
though it’s not a vegetable but best for immunity.
11. Shellfish :
Shellfish should be take in 32.42 gm per day or 8 ounces per week.
Zinc also crucial for our immunity. The shellfish contain zinc. We also need to maintain zinc containing food. Oysters also provide zinc, found in the sea.
Immunity boosting foods for covid19 :
If you are looking for boosting immunity with foods during covid19, especially, then don’t worry that upper all herbs are the best immunity booster. You have to start its combination in your menu.
Our view on boosting immunity with foods :
Suppose you want to boosting immunity with foods, then you have to try various foods for proper nutrition. Eating one of fruit is not a great idea, always try a combination of meals for the best result.
Always try to maintain proper nutrition, not overeating in a day. Not only foods but some fruits increase immunity.
Foods and fruits are not the last options, and some bad habits
can decrease your immunity. Stress can affect your immunity, so always try to be healthy, not only physically also mentally.
Related article: Strategies on how to manage stress naturally.
Always try to skip bad habits like smoking, drinking.
Sleep properly. Sleep also a good part if you want to boost your immunity.
If you find any helpful information regarding immunity power increase foods, share this article on your social media platform, and help others.